Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A Lack of Impulse Control

I was going to sew the orange, teal, and brown fabric next but the morning I was going to cut it... HOLY SHIRT it was cold! So flannel was on my mind. I knew - I knew - that in just a few days it would be near 80 degrees Fahrenheit again but the flannel kept calling to me and so...

This is really a very nice flannel. I'm guessing it's about 7 - 8 ounce? Very warm and soft. I love it. I think this might be my Christmas outfit. Unless it's 70+ degrees on Christmas which totally can happen in Oklahoma as can -20. We hope for something in between those two numbers.

The pattern is McCall's 9065 again, view B all the way this time. I had to shorten the sleeves about two inches. That and raising the neckline an inch like I did before are the only adjustments.

3 comments:

  1. Oh good I was hoping you would make something out of flannel. I have a piece (less colorful, sadly) that is awaiting attention, and its getting sort of chilly here at night anyway. Inspiration....

    ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that I could be inspiring. :-) This is so warm I probably won't get to wear it again before December, maybe even January.

      Delete
  2. Nice! That will be super festive for Xmas (or whenever it gets cold there)! I tend to get lazy about it, but shortening the sleeves of woven tops is really something I should take the time to do.

    ReplyDelete