Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Been Sewing

It feels like forever since I posted anything new here but I have been sewing. I finally started quilting a quilt that I had planned to have finished by now. I have been working on the top off and on since this time last year but it wasn't going well so I got discouraged with it and procrastinated. But now I'm going to try to rush through it and just get it done.

I did make the teal, brown, and orange tunic and I love it but I don't know when I will get around to photographing it. Maybe today, maybe next week. I also made a pair of sweatpants which are now my favorite sweatpants ever - so comfy - but I probably won't be showing those. The part of me that wears pants is very camera shy, if you know what I mean.

Finally, I do have one little thing I can show you. This doesn't look very good just thrown down on the table but I'm very happy with the way it turned out. It's for my granddaughter. I put fancy, sparkly buttons on it because she likes sparkly things. And so do I, so I'm thinking I might do this for myself sometime. Flannel with sparkly buttons? Why not?

4 comments:

  1. Look at that pattern matching! Nice job on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must confess, I'm a bit lazy when it comes to pattern matching but I try to at least match the two halves of the front.

      Delete
  2. One of my favorite projects from last year is a flannels shirt (for ME) with "ruby" cabochon buttons. Glad to see the trend continuing!

    ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to do it. I already have the perfect piece of flannel.

      Delete