So here I am thinking it would probably be overly optimistic to think I have three readers - in other words, feeling kind of lonely here. But then I see this Blogger Recognition Award at Swarm of Chickadees and I think, "Yay, another list where I might find some sewing blogs I didn't know about." So I look at the list and - shock, awe, immense gratitude - my humble little blog is on the list! Thank you so much.
Now there are five things I'm supposed to do.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. Done, but thank you again, Swarm of Chickadees.
2. Write a post to show your award. Working on it right now.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started. I have actually had a blog since 2002. Not a sewing blog, just a place to post whatever comes to mind, including sewing but a year or two ago (I can't remember when exactly) I decided I should have a blog exclusively for sewing so I started by copying some of my favorite sewing posts from my other blog. That's why my archives go back to 2008.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers. 1. Make sure your blog is easily readable. You could have the greatest blog in the world but if it's difficult to read because of, for example, light gray text on a white background which seems to be strangely popular right now, a lot of people won't be coming back. Also make your photos as large as possible. 2. This is a piece of advice that I really need to remember myself: Don't get discouraged if it seems like nobody notices you. I once read somewhere that 90% of people who read blogs never comment. That sounds like a made up number but I believe it's true that the majority of readers never comment whether it's 90% or 70% or whatever. That doesn't necessarily mean nobody cares about what you're doing. You could have inspired someone and never know it.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to. I don't know if I can do 15; I don't think there are even that many that I regularly read but I'll just start posting my favorites and not even count how many there are.
Cari Homemaker - She's back! She sews and shows off beautiful dresses she makes for herself and clothes she makes for her lovely children.
But It Can't Be From Dolly Clacket, She Gave Me an Easter Egg! - What a curious and interesting blog title. And I love her! Roisin's style is very similar to my summer style and I admire the way she uses novelty prints, something I love but tend to be a bit timid about.
Lucky Lucille - Lots of great stuff even though Rochelle's style differs somewhat from mine. By the way, Lucille is her beautiful dog that she occasionally posts pictures of.
Pretty Grievances - The grand comedienne of the sewing blog world. Everyone knows Anne I'm sure. Also, she's an enabler. I have bought at least one pattern because of her and someday I am actually going to use it.
A Dress a Day - This was the first sewing blog I found and for several years the only one I knew about.
Artful Blasphemy - Colorful and inspiring. I wasn't sure if it's okay to include this one or not as it's more a fashion blog than a sewing blog.
By Gum By Golly - Awesome retro style sewing blog.
Flashback Summer - Another retro and vintage blog.
Oona Balloona - So much personality! I love her!