Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Roses in the Jungle

It's Jungle January 2017! I honestly didn't think I would be participating this year but I saw this gorgeous print at Girl Charlee so... here we are.

The fabric is a rayon blend knit and I have to confess, I do not enjoy sewing rayon. It's almost like a living thing that's trying to get away from my horrible pins, needles, and scissors. But I couldn't pass this up and I think it turned out okay. It's wearable at least. The pattern is Butterick 5215, plus long sleeves.

It warmed up enough yesterday to go outside without a coat so here's an outdoor pic.

* * * * *

About a couple of background items in the first photo: The piece of furniture is a gate-leg table that my husband built for me. Folded up, as you see it here, it's only 18 inches by 48 inches; open, it is a little over two yards long.

The picture on the wall... I don't usually frame puzzles but this one was a special case. My younger son gave it to me for Christmas over 10 years ago. I can't remember exactly what year. I used to like puzzles but this one was the most difficult I have ever done and I haven't done another since. It took years to finish it and when I finally did I just couldn't take it apart again so I got a frame (which as you can see doesn't fit) and hung it in our spare bedroom which serves as an occasional guest room, play room for the grandkids, craft room, and (mainly) junk room.

Here's a look at the whole thing. Sorry about the glare.

No comments:

Post a Comment