Thursday, January 17, 2019

Scary Pants

Some time ago I got a wild and crazy idea. I wanted to make lounge pants (that's trousers to our friends on the other side of the big pond) out of minky! I didn't rush out. I took my time looking around. I thought maybe a paisley or an animal print, maybe a floral. Something crazy, you know? Then I saw this fabric and knew this was it. The name of the design is You Scare Me. Isn't that delightful?

I think the little creatures are supposed to be monsters but I think of them as space aliens. And no, I didn't pay any attention to the placement of the creatures. It's okay, they're just lounge pants.

The pattern? Well, I don't know because I couldn't find the pattern I started out with. It was just a starting point for several different styles of pants and I haven't used, or even seen, that original pattern in years. This time I made them a little looser, with a flat waistband (because I hate elastic waistbands for thicker fabrics) and made a pocket hidden closure. The buttons are just a pair of leftovers that I had.

And they feel so good! Too good. I'm going to be petting them all weekend. The husband hasn't seen them yet. He's going to have so much fun making fun of them but that's okay. That way we both get some happiness from them.

And yes, I will probably do this again. Maybe paisley next time.

2 comments:

  1. I love being able to use funny prints for casual clothes. And I should get a pattern for loose-fitting elastic-waist pants for wearing around the house...I have the shorts I made with the Wonder Woman fabric but right now it's a little cold to wear them without jacking the heat up in the house too high...

    I will say I've been wearing cheap leggings from the Target a lot as at-home pants and they are pretty comfortable because they are all stretchy.

    ReplyDelete