Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2017 Hits and Misses

We sew because we want unique clothes that suit our own personal styles. We sew because it's fun. And we sew because we cannot resist buying more fabric and we have to do something with it. Inevitably, some of the garments we make will be loved, others not so much, and some are loved but for sometimes inexplicable reasons rarely or never worn.

Here are some of my hits and misses of 2017. I'm not going to rate everything I made in the past year, only the biggest hits and the definite misses.

Hit: The Klimt tunic

Definitely a huge hit. I've worn this one a lot, most of the time with black knit trousers though.

Miss: The purple drapey thing

I have not worn it at all except to try it on and take this awful picture.

Hit: The pink rose blouse

Totally love it! Unfortunately, it suffers from Too Pretty to Wear Syndrome but I am going to try harder this year.

Hit: More pink roses

A huge hit. I love it and wore it several times even though I mostly wear dresses in the summertime.

Miss?: The yellow and pink floral dress

I don't know... I like it. At least I like the colors but I just didn't wear it. I think I don't like the loose fit although I have other dresses from the same pattern that I like and wear a lot.

Hit: The cute control panel shirt

I actually wore this one more than the roses tunic made from the same pattern.

Hit: The vintage sewing ads dress

I wore this one a lot last summer.

Hit: The happy flower faces dress

I'm calling this one a hit because I love it but I have only worn it twice. Both times I spilled something on it. The stains came out, no problem, but it has made me a little "gun shy" about wearing it.

Hit: The little ladybug maxi

A huge hit for my granddaughter. She loves it and wore it a lot before it got too cold. It was pretty big on her so I think she will get to wear it again when the weather warms up.

Hit: The bright floral dress

One of my favorites of all time.

Hit: The sparkly little dress

Another one I made for my granddaughter. I don't know how much she has worn it but she seemed to like it when I gave it to her. I'm calling it a hit mostly because I love it.

Hit: The purple Dutch wax print dress

I think this is my favorite thing of the whole year. I haven't worn it much yet because I made it so late in the season.

Hit: The red and white flannel tunic

It finally got cold enough to wear this. Love it! So comfy and cozy.

Hit: The brown, teal, and orange tunic

A relatively recent make but I've already worn it several times.

So that's it for 2017. Not a bad year sewing-wise. Onward into 2018.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention, I also made about half a dozen shirts for my husband that were mostly hits but getting him to model them is never going to happen.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, a year of accomplishment. It looks like a common denominator among the successes is vibrant color combined with beautiful print......baby prints and solids maybe just aren't you?

    Looking forward to reading about next year's accomplishments.

    ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm... maybe. The problem with the misses is more about the fit than the color or print but I am most attracted to bold, colorful prints.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you had so many wonderful garments in this round-up!! I love your bold choices for prints and colors; the Dutch wax and bright floral dress are my favorites, I think. =D Here's to more great successes in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think those are my favorites too.

      Delete