Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The First Summer Blouse

Finally, I have actual new photos of an actual new thing I sewed. Yay, me! First of all, I swear the two halves of the front are perfectly even. This happens every time I try to take pictures of a blouse. And, even aside from that, overall, it's not a great picture but... [Stop apologizing for the lousy pictures, Lynn.]

And here are the two patterns I used. I love a couple of the collars on the old McCall's pattern but that was several sizes ago so I used this Kwik Sew pattern and reshaped the neckline to fit the McCall's collar. I like the way it turned out and I'm going to do it again.

Both this fabric and the buttons I originally bought to go with something else. The buttons are from Create for Less, which is a great store for buttons and other notions but their close-up images could be better so when I wanted buttons for something specific I ordered several different styles of button that I thought might work. These are the ones I didn't use but I loved them and I'm so happy I finally got to use them. A similar thing happened with the fabric. I ordered this to go with another print and ended up deciding to use something else for that project. It's a smooth cotton; the "texture" is just printed.

I think it would actually go better with my black jeans. Anyway, I like it and I think I'm going to be wearing it often.

3 comments:

  1. Just yesterday, I skipped into the office wearing one of my spring dresses! Isn't it great that we can start wearing these fun makes again!

    I like how you were able to use the collar. The scallops are really cute...I like the scarf one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just yesterday, I skipped into the office wearing one of my spring dresses! Isn't it great that we can start wearing these fun makes again!

    I like how you were able to use the collar. The scallops are really cute...I like the scarf one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Summer can't get here soon enough for me, although we've been having some weirdly warm weather here this year.

      I'm planning one with the scarf collar and another one with the scalloped collar.

      Delete