Monday, August 10, 2015

An Excuse and a Little Rambling

I have something to show off but we recently upgraded to Windows 10 and our PC no longer recognizes my camera so I will have to wait until my Tech Hero has time to fix the problem.

Now I'm trying to decide what to sew next. Back in the spring I had a mental list of things I wanted to sew this summer. I have not sewn most of those things. Instead it's been a summer of "Oooo, shiny! I want to sew that". (That's a figurative "shiny", BTW. I haven't sewn anything literally shiny in a long time) It's hard to believe it's August already! I'm starting to feel like it's getting a little late for summer sewing. Should I start fall sewing? So not in the mood. But at the same time, I'm thinking I really have enough summer dresses. (as if we have to settle for enough!)

It's funny... sometimes I look in my closet and it seems like I don't have enough summer dresses (or winter blouses or whatever I happen to be looking for) and other times I look and think, "Wow, I really have too many dresses." I have some that I made and have only worn once or twice and I always feel guilty about that. I feel like I should maybe get rid of them to make more room for stuff I will love but I just can't. If it's something I've worn and loved and don't love anymore that's different. I can let go. Usually. And it's not always a matter of not loving it. In some cases I do love it but for some reason I just haven't got around to wearing it much. Because I have too many. Except I don't have enough because I want something sort of like that dress but not that one because I wore that one just a couple of days ago, or like that but not that one either because I wore it recently too.

And what to sew next? There's all that lovely fabric in my stash but I have a 10% off coupon from eQuilter and I've been looking at some knits at Girl Charlee and I need some more knit pants (slacks, trousers) and I've been looking at some solid color cotton-spandex knits at Spandex World. So that's three fabric orders, at least, that I'm considering. I am such a bad girl! I am definitely going into the stash for the next project. Yes, I am. I have to do something while I'm waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment