I took a whole bunch of photos using the timer on my camera and most of them were too close and I don't want to go back out and set up again. So, here's my close-up.
And here's the one halfway good picture that shows almost all of the dress.
This is another Simplicity 1882, my second and probably last. You can see the first one here. I wanted more skirt so I cut it a little bit wider and added pairs of pleats to both the front and back. I still didn't get the fit of the bodice quite right. Overall though, I like it.
This fabric - the abstract print and the color combination - is a little different for me. It's funny how we occasionally find ourselves attracted to something that we normally think of as "not my thing". I was originally thinking of having the trim match the lighter green but I couldn't find that exact color. I still think it might have been better with the lighter green but I'm satisfied with the way this turned out. This was one of the older pieces of fabric in my stash. There's something especially satisfying about going to the "bottom of the stash" and finally finishing something I bought a long time ago.
I have three more dress projects that I had planned to make this summer but now it's September and, as always, I'm torn between making "one more dress" (because, after all, it is still in the upper 90's and will be for at least another week or two) or moving on to the fall sewing. I know I have some fall and winter fabrics in the stash but right now I can't make my mind focus on them and think about fall sewing. Hmmmm... maybe a multi-season top...