Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Bugs!

If you hang out here a lot you might have noticed that I have a bit of a thing for bugs. Oh, I have no desire to get up close and personal with them but I do find them quite fascinating. So I had to have this fabric from eQuilter. I am in dress mode this time of year but I almost immediately knew this fabric had to be a New Look 6963. (I wish I could show you what the background color really looks like. It's an amazing color that you just can't see in a photo. It's bright but not insanely bright. It's just a really interesting color.)

NL 6963 is one of my unused patterns that I wrote about earlier this year, one that I didn't think I would get around to using anytime soon. Surprise! It's my new best friend. (Well, among patterns anyway) It was fast and easy to make and it is loose fitting without looking like a sack. Well... everything loose-fitting looks somewhat like a sack on me but it's much better than my former best friend big shirt pattern. (What did I ever see in that thing?) And I love love love this shirt!

Instead of going on a long frustrating search for "the perfect buttons I picked some navy ones from my button stash. I cut some bias strips to finish the armholes and they turned out better than my usual. My only disappointment is that identical bugs ended up side by side on the front. I would prefer that they were more random.

(The pants are new also but they're kind of awful and I'm glad you can't see more of them in the photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment