Monday, July 9, 2018

Little Things

I have started and completed several sewing projects in the last two weeks. I feel like I have really been accomplishing things. I will start with a couple of little things I have made for the granddaughter and I will try sometime this week to get around to photographing the two things I have made for myself.

First, this cute little dress is Simplicity 1453.

This was the first time I had used this pattern. It has a lot of little details but it wasn't difficult. I specifically wanted to make her something with cats on it and I found this adorable kitten fabric at eQuilter. The trim fabric is a subtle tumbling blocks print.

Next is this t-shirt.

This is not among my best work but considering how difficult to work with the main fabric was, it turned out better than I expected. It's very soft and drapey and kept trying to run away while I was sewing it. But it's fine for a 4-year-old's play clothes. She likes shiny things so I'm pretty sure she will love it.

* * * * *

Now it's time to start something else but I haven't decided what yet and I'm feeling sort of anxious being between projects. Maybe take a break from sewing for a couple of days; maybe do some of the altering and re-fashioning that I've been putting off; maybe grab something randomly and just get started? What do you do when you have indecisive days?

2 comments:

  1. When I'm indecisive, I work on some project I have going but that has been in a stall, but maybe you don't have anything like that right now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always had this weird habit of working on just one thing at a time or at least only one of each kind of project so right now all I have going is a quilt and the room where I do quilting is too hot except for very early in the morning. I guess one day off from sewing isn't such a bad thing. :-/

      Delete