Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Pink Cotton Cardi

Two or three years ago (I can't remember exactly when it was) I bought 3 pieces of lovely cotton interlock knit at Hancock Fabric's going out of business sale. I liked what I did with the green piece (Butterick 3345) so much that I decided to do the same thing with the pink. Except, I lengthened the sleeves just a little bit on the green one but I didn't this time.

It's not hanging quite right in the photo. I assure you both sides are even. It has kimono sleeves so it was very fast and easy to make. There are only two pattern pieces. It has darts in both the front and back.

I faced the edges with wide bias tape. It was actually double fold bias tape that I pressed open. I'm not sure if wide single fold bias tape is even a thing. I have never seen any.

This is going to be very useful. I love the color and it's the perfect weight for slightly cool mornings and over-air-conditioned stores and restaurants.

Goal: Sew fabric that I have had for 2+ years at least once a month (or 12 times this year) 6/12

5 comments:

  1. I looked at your jacket and ordered the pattern......as you say just the thing for over zealous AC, although its hard to imagine needing AC at all with last night's freeze!

    ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather is the craziest, isn't it? When I took those photos the temperature was about 62F/16C. Later in the day it got up to 80F/27C.

      I'm happy that you ordered the pattern. It's so fun when I actually influence someone. :-)

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Tis the season of the many layers that you put on in the morning and take off in the afternoon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At my age it's more like layers that you put on and take off and put on again all day long. :-)

      Delete