Thursday, March 22, 2018

Birdhouses, Birds, and Flowers

This little dress is so freaking adorable I can hardly stand it.

It's for my granddaughter. She told me a while back that she wanted a dress with birds and flowers on it and this is what I came up with. I used McCall's 9227 view A but left off the ruffle and drafted my own curved yoke and butterfly sleeves and added a border to match the yoke.

Sorry I didn't think to photograph the process. Here's a quick tutorial for butterfly or flutter sleeves. To make a pattern piece for the yoke I cut a complete bodice front out of Swedish tracing paper (but you could use any paper) then I traced the edge of various large bowls and plates until I got a curve I liked.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute, Lynn! Love the design. Isn't it so satisfying to find just the right curve using household items?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is fun to think of a design and then find a way to make it happen.

      Delete