Friday, September 8, 2017

A Pretty Simple Dress

Remember this?

This piece had been in my stash for a few years and I had planned to make something a little bit fancy and dressy but I decided that what I really needed was another casual, lounge-y type of dress so...

It's actually not very different from my original plan; I just made it loose fitting with no zipper instead of making it with a fitted bodice. As a "house dress" I'm happy with it. The arm holes are way too big so if I ever wear it in public it will have to be with a t-shirt or cardigan and I hope no one gets down on their knees to inspect my scallops but mostly it's okay. The little pink buttons are non-functional, for decoration only.

This fabric feels lovely - lightweight and smooth. I loved it when I bought it but as it sat in my stash love changed to merely like but now that I've made it and worn it my feelings about it are tipping back toward love.

2 comments:

  1. What a great dress! And I'm laughing at the picture of a "down on the knees" scallop inspector. Sounds rather vulgar?

    ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I hadn't thought about it quite like that. I was picturing a persnickety spinster sewing teacher type: "I must inspect those scallops!"

      Delete