Friday, August 25, 2017

A Sparkly Little Dress

Here's another dress for my granddaughter:

Of course I would love her and accept her for who she is no matter what; making cute little tops would be just as much fun, but I am thrilled that she loves dresses.

This one is made of glitter cotton using the same pattern as the ladybug dress (I have updated that post with another picture) and added shiny rainbow rick rack around the neckline. I think it is not as long as the other one. That was the intention anyway. She likes purple and she likes sparkly things and she loves pockets (as do I) so this one is sure to be a big hit.

6 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm forever fondling that rainbow rick-rack at Joann's and wishing I had a use for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It came on a big roll so I have a bunch of it left over. Some might find its way onto a top for myself sometime in the future.

      Delete
  2. Amazing, your granddaughter and I have exactly the same taste - pockets, sparkles, etc. Suspect it looks better on her, however. I never heard of rainbow rickrack, clearly need to get out more.

    ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, as I was sewing I was fantasizing about making another one for myself but it would look ridiculous on me. Maybe a little sparkly trim on something would be okay though.

      Delete
  3. It's just perfect for a little girl, she will love it!

    ReplyDelete