Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Regrets? No and Yes

I don't regret this dress. I like it. It's another Simplicity 1803, view C this time, and it's the best fit of these princess seams so far. (Bodice only; I don't like the extra seams in the skirt of this pattern)

But as I started sewing it I noticed that these are fall colors and I started thinking what a lovely fall tunic it would have made.

I have been obsessed with these scoop back dresses though and I want more, more, more of them.

So I don't regret the dress but I regret not having the fall tunic that might have been. Does that make sense?

4 comments:

  1. Yep, I know what you mean; sometimes when you make a choice, you mourn the option you didn't choose a little bit. Lovely dress, though. Just needs a cardigan to be useful in the fall, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several colors could go with it, if only I can find the right color cardigans. I already have a little, short sleeved cream color one and a traditional orange one that's a little too big so it might not look so good with a dress.

      Delete
  2. This dress looks like the perfect pattern choice for this fabric. So you really shouldn't have any regrets. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete