Thursday, February 22, 2018

I Think I Might Need an Intervention Soon

I can't believe I did this. I bought more fabric. I'm in one of my phases of feeling a little guilty and freaked out about how much fabric I own and I wasn't going to buy any more for a while but then I saw these and I couldn't risk them being sold out if I waited until I am over my current phase.

These will be for summer of course. I did finish another shirt last week and I have a crazy cat lady excuse for not showing it off yet. It's been raining for several days and one of my cats is afraid of the tripod so I don't want to disturb him by getting it out and setting it up. (He's an indoor/outdoor cat so he normally escapes outside whenever I do anything scary.) I'm also working on another shirt this week so by the time I get around to it I might be posting two at once.

6 comments:

  1. I think blogger ate my comment, but basically: HUZZAH AWESOME FABRIC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! It is so validating when people who are younger and cooler than me admire my crazy choices. :-)

      Delete
    2. HAHA lynn! we are sewsisters; youth and coolness is all in our swagger ;))

      Delete
  2. I am honored to be your sewsister. I turn 60 this year but I vow to never be old. Or at least to never dress old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say I blame you for snapping those prints up--they're awesome! You have enviably bold taste in prints, and I'm sure these new fabrics will make fabulous summer garments.

    The things we cat people do (or don't!) for our kitties, huh? ;-) Mine aren't scared of most inanimate objects, but my tortie is very "helpful." I can't lay fabric out and walk away, because when I come back she'll be on top of it, dead center! She also gets too close to my iron for my comfort--a little fear would be welcome in that corner, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. Torties are special, right? In addition to my "scaredy cat," a gray and black tabby, I have a very clingy and needy tortie.

      Delete